Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura has revealed some interesting information regarding the upcoming remake, which includes dialogue options, new event scenarios, the Honey Bee Inn and more.
Below are the key points of the interview, translated by Gematsu
- The black mist creatures shown in the trailer are known as The Watchmen of Fate and are mysterious beings that will appear before the party wherever they go.
Nomura hopes fans who have played the original Final Fantasy VII will enjoy these new creatures.
- There will be a lot of “dialogue” options in FFVIIR, and it will change depending on the player’s response. Apparently, the sheer volume of dialogue has increased.
- The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event will return;
“We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility as we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…”
- “There are quite a few additions to the scenario. While the main story itself hasn’t changed, there are a countless number of new events. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have two Blu-ray discs. (Laughs.)”
- Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-styled look to her, and the other has an eastern-styled look.
- “We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.”
- Players can engage in combat without stress by utilizing the shortcut menu. When the command menu is opened, time will slow and allow players to fight as though it were a command-based battle.
- Each playable character has a different enemy affinity.
- An item is required for MP recovery.
- “For the sake of level design, we’re preparing a few new enemies where necessary.”