At PAX East 2019 in Boston, and in collaboration with developer KillPixel Games, 3D Realms and publisher 1C Entertainment released a 21.50-minute gameplay demo of a retro shooter reimagined game called Wrath: Aeon of Ruin.
For those who have missed the launch trailer, here it is:
Back to retro goodness
You play as an outlander, drifting into the shores of a dying world. The Shepherds of Wayward Souls tasked you into hunting down the remaining Guardians of the Old World. In Quake 1 technology, explore the retro ruins, secrets, and battle horrors lurks within.
Key classic features:
- Explore the dark handcrafted world
- There will be 3 hubs with 15 enormous interconnected levels
- Equip yourself with 9 deadly weapons, each with multiple fire modes and don’t forget the artifacts
- Build your own levels, weapons and character, all tools used to create this game will be available to players
- Classic Multiplayer modes, powered by QuakeWorld netcode
- Also available for 4 player co-op, LAN or online
- Sounds by Andrew Hulshult (Quake Champions, Rise of the Triad, Dusk, and Amid Evil) and Bjorn Jacobson (CyberPunk 2077, Hitman, EVE Online).
The game is set for the PC, Mac, and Linux this summer 2019, followed by current gen consoles of Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Switch in early 2020.