The World Next Door is developed by Rose City Games and published by VIZ Media is available now for Nintendo Switch for 14.99 USD (Approx RM61) and PC (Steam) for RM32. The game follows the story of Jun who is a “rebellious teen girl trapped in a parallel world inhabited by magical creatures.” The game is inspired by emotional storytelling and thrilling action of anime and indie gaming.
The World Next Door features a supernatural story, reputation systems, branching dialogue, hand-drawn art style from Lord Gris, and original soundtrack from Sword & Sorcery and Below’s Jim Guthrie.
- Journey into Emrys, a magical world brought to life with anime-inspired characters designed by Lord Gris
- Play as Jun, an adventurous teenager, who must use magical runes and the help of her friends to defeat opponents and find a way home
- Cast spells by activating magical runes in fast-paced, real-time combat that mixes the fun of puzzle-combos with action gameplay
- Immerse yourself in a supernatural story with branching dialogue and reputation systems that affect your relationships with characters in the game
- Focus on the story while still enjoying the gameplay using Assist Mode