Set in a world that’s recovered from an apocalypse and ready for exploring and re-civilizing, Before We Leave sees players guide a group of surviving ‘Peeps’ as they chart new discoveries and lands. Since its initial launch in 2020, a number of significant content additions have been made to the game, including new biomes such as the swamp, rainforest, and crystal isle; new vehicles and infrastructure, as well as the release of the Kraken.
- Expand the Horizons: Going from a lowly settlement to a sprawling colony of Peeps, players will need to traverse mountains, forests, oceans, and the depths of space to explore and settle
- Tremendous Tech: As players progress they can research technology to better their civilisation, including sailing, industry, trade, and more
- Keep the Peeps Happy: Running a colony is no small feat; in Before We Leave players will need to keep track of Peep happiness alongside pollution, food, and resources
- A Whole New World: With a number of biomes filled with resources and mysterious relics to harvest from, it’s the player’s job to utilize the land and plan their colony
- Award-winning Soundtrack: Benedict Nichols (Omno, The Falconeer) composes a soundtrack fit for any benevolent leader, winning a Pav ‘The Composed Segment’ award for excellence in audio for his score, working alongside James Dean of Akau Audio who provided in-game sound design.
“It’s totally awesome that we’re getting to work with Team17 to bring our debut game Before We Leave to even more players on Steam next month. We’ve been working continuously since we launched it last year, adding a ton of new stuff and extra polish. We’re proud of what we’ve been able to achieve to create a more beautiful and immersive experience for our players.”
Sam Barham – Creative Director, Balancing Monkey Games