Solo developer BenStar aka Benjamin Kiefer and publisher Dear Villagers (ScourgeBringer, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk) has announced that their new game Revita is out now for Early Access on Steam for $14,99 / £11,39 / 14,99€ with a 10% off at launch until March 9th.
In Revita, players must climb an ominous clock tower through a series of procedural encounter rooms and past challenging boss fights on their way to reclaiming their lost memory. Along the way, players will be able to trade health for randomized upgrades as the game dares them to live on a knife-edge.
“After working on the game for 4 years and a few alpha tests with fans I’m super excited to unleash this love letter for roguelite fans into Steam Early Access – In the game, I wanted to combine the best bits of games from my favourite genre, give it a personal touch with a lot of attention to detail and add a gameplay twist that makes the game familiar and fresh at the same time. I hope people will enjoy the gameplay structure that lets you trade health points for extra items and encourage them to constantly weigh up the risks and push their limits.”
BenStar aka Benjamin Kiefer – Developer of Revita
“We’ve been secretly supporting BenStar for the last two years and what he’s achieved with Revita is already beyond our expectations – After the great ScourgeBringer from Flying Oak Games, Revita is our new “Pixel Art Action Platformer”, one of the key branches of our editorial line. It combines the best parts of the roguelike genre and oozes with charme and character. The fact that Revita is made by a passionate solo developer really shines through and makes for a unique melancholic gaming experience.”
Guillaume Jamet – Head of Publishing for Dear Villagers
- Trade life for power: Exchange health for power in fast-paced glass cannon gameplay
- Unique runs: Battle through an almost infinite variety of combat encounters in procedurally generated rooms
- Endless character builds: Twin stick shooting, dashing and wall sliding are just the beginning – find power-ups and items on each run
- Tweak your game: An extensive set of options lets you tweak Revita to your playstyle – slow downtime, set an outline colour for enemies to make them easier to track or choose the level of aim assist that feels right for you
- A mysterious world: Explore an underground subway line infested with monsters and filled with colourful characters who will help you on your journey.
- Reclaim lost memories: A nameless child with no memories awakens in a mysterious clock tower that is connected by a metro system with only a vague sense of purpose, hoping to find answers at the top.
- HATS!: Many, many hats. All the hats, really -to cover all heads and all styles!