Multiplayer Mode is now a more streamlined process for players as the online lobbies make it easier to connect with friends and other players that looking for open matches/games. If players are more interested in custom settings, creating a lobby is the choice at hand. Specific arena’s, the gender of the wrestlers, number of players in a match. Those are some of the choices players can make to accommodate their play style. If a group of friends aren’t too picky with the game settings, they can all jump into a game anytime by choosing an existing lobby.
The MyPLAYER’s are now part of MYCAREER and the MyPLAYER’s Tower progress as well. Both male and female characters created in single save file can both be progressed as you go along in the game. For the first time ever, any special creation parts you unlock through playing MyCAREER, Road to Glory, and MyPLAYER Towers are also available in the general Create-a-Superstar mode. On top of that, you can export the appearance of your MyPLAYER out to the general character creations as well!
WWE 2K20 Universe Mode is now jam-packed with new features and additions, including the following:
- Major and minor show match limits have increased from 7 to 9.
- Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
- The number of championship titles per major show has increased from 6 to 7.
- Simultaneous rivalries on major shows have increased from 3 to 4.
- Pay-Per-Views can be co-hosted by up to 3 major shows versus the previous 2.
- Players have more freedom to delete and add promos and matches.
- 50 of the most-used cutscenes have been reshot with female mocap actors to look more authentic when female Superstars are used.
- 25 new cutscenes have been added.
- 3,040 new promo lines are in the game.
- Custom Matches can now be included in Match Tables, along with new Mixed Tag Matches.
- New Championship Match setting in Match Tables can be used to make certain matches a title match.
- Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View).
- New rivalry content includes options such as low-intensity enemies making peace after a single Pay-Per-View or low to mid-intensity allies slowly falling out over several weeks instead of a sudden turn.
- The overall menu flow has been streamlined to make it more accessible to those new to Universe Mode. All deeper options are still available for experienced players.
WWE 2K20 is set for release on October 22nd 2019 for the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.