Activision and FromSoftware did not pull any punches when it comes to showing off more of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice with this 12-minute gameplay video presented at TGS 2018:
We have covered some of the combat mechanics in our previous post, but there are additional interesting features revealed in this video:
- All enemies (not only ogres) has a weakness to certain weapons used by our main character such as the axe being able to immediately break a wooden shield bearer and instantly kill him in the process
- This game embraces aggressive play style, by dodging forward at the right time instead of dodging away, our main character will be catching attacks with his right prosthetic arm or with his leg if its a low based attack
- Although previously it seemed like it would be an optional play style, sneaking is still vital in some parts of the story as the main character is not equipped or meant to kill certain bosses like the Giant white snake at the beginning stages.
The Corrupted Monk Boss
- The corrupted monk boss fight definitely has Dark Souls-ish elements coming into play as your normal attacks don’t seem to penetrate her clothing, while her (i presume) attacks are far and wide sweeping with the spear
- You would need to block, dodge forward, use her head as a springboard and time your counterattacks when fighting her
- The environment will shift to a dark smokey atmosphere because the monk uses some sort of a smoke bomb to alter it’s environment, creating hallucinations of her as she attacks from any directions (The shift is somewhat dark yet beautiful again)
- Escaping via the grappling hook to the trees is a good strategy however that does not mean she will not be able to get to you.
- The monk knows and readies herself to attack immediately once you die and revive (so its not a surprise,huh..)
In conclusion, it would seem that the boss fights will be encouraging multiple play style methods to overcome them.
Below is a new trailer for the other unannounced bosses in Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, which seems to imply that the other bosses know our main character very well:
Releasing for all current Gen consoles PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on March 22, 2019.