Tactical role-playing game Star Traders: Frontiers – the latest title by beloved indie devs Trese Brothers Games – is launching today on Android and iOS! Reaping the benefits from a full year of updates, the mobile version features the same outstanding polish, replayability, narrative depth, and branching paths of the original Steam release – offering fans on the go a native, dynamic touch interface that’s finely tuned for both smartphones and tablets.
In Star Traders: Frontiers, you get to take command of a ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more. Master your destiny as you venture through a vast, living universe. Choose your path in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate, terrorizing the shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain – or track targets as a fearsome bounty hunter? The choice is yours.
Customize your ship with more than 500 upgrades. Journey across endless procedurally-generated galaxies with a detailed simulation of political, economic, and personal vendettas. Every single crew member and officer is a full character with personality traits, history, job, and talents: Watch them grow, manage and promote them, celebrate their victories – and perhaps even mourn their deaths.
“It may have taken us a little longer than expected, but Star Traders: Frontiers is finally on Android and iOS,” says Andrew Trese, co-founder of Trese Brothers Games. “Rushing the mobile port was never an option; if anything, we took extra time to make sure that the game was enjoyable whether being played on a tablet or phone. Now that it’s possible to play the game virtually anywhere, we hope that players will fall in love with Star Traders: Frontiers’ever-expanding universe all over again.”
“Today, the long-awaited mobile versions of Star Traders: Frontiers are launching in a very polished state. We owe it all to our Kickstarter backers and loyal beta testers, who have played the Android and iOS builds for months – finding bugs, balance issues, and making valuable suggestions,” adds Cory Trese, co-founder of Trese Brothers Games. “As many in the press have noticed, we seem to be in the midst of a new ‘Golden Age of Sci-Fi’ in film, television and video games. To be part of this massive wave of quality entertainment is humbling, to say the least.”
From the Ashes of War …
During the Exodus, the survivors of a great war piled into their hive ships and left the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp gates bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp re-established the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep …
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (27 jobs in total).
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 500 upgrades and 45 ship hulls to build your very own vessel – and venture across the vast reaches of space!
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck – and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands – and your crew will become intrepid and clever … or scarred and half-mad.
- Varied difficulty options: Play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines – or turn on character permadeath and enjoy a classic roguelike experience.
- Achievement unlocks: Accomplish story and challenge goals to unlock optional content such as new starting ships and contacts.