Cyber Hunter, a new sci-fi battle royal game developed by NetEase Games is available now for iOS and Android worldwide. In the game, players a.k.a. Wanderers drop down into a huge six by six square km map to seek for weapons, vehicles and wacky items for upgrades. Once it’s equipped, players can explore the surrounding by climbing or swimming to the safe zone and take out enemies along the way to emerge as the ultimate victor.
Cyber Hunter features include:
- Extreme Parkour Experience – All vertical surfaces are climbable, so Wanderers can scale up any building, bridge, or boat and then jump off of them to glide back down or surprise enemies from above. What’s more, players can level up their parkour skills with helpful items such as the tactical gloves that improve climbing speed!
- Superpowered Abilities – As Wanderers level up, they will unlock unique abilities such as the ability to detect enemy signals, become invisible or build barricades. Players can also deconstruct buildings or items to gain droid energy, or use a Detector drone to spy on their enemies.
- Wild Wild Weapons – With five types of weapons in Cyber Hunter (including SMG, Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Throwables), players can find a type and special attack that aligns with their style of play and customize its upgrades. Whether it’s upgrading a shotgun to heal teammates in friendly fire or having a grenade launcher specialize in destroying buildings, players can personalize weapons and their upgrades to suit their playstyles and complement the team.
- Fast and Furious – From one to five-seaters, there are plenty of vehicles for Wanderers to zip around in including land, aquatic and versatile vehicles. These versatile vehicles can do all sorts of amazing tricks. For example, the Cerberus can transform into a battle mecha, the Windrider can transform into a plane, while the Dawnbreaker has a destroyer wheel.
- Detailed Customization – The game allows Wanderers to customize everything about their character from hairstyle, eye colour, face size to makeup. Additionally, Wanderers can add their own style with their own outfits, weapon or vehicle colours and personalized dance moves!
In addition to this, players can look forward to the original soundtrack of the game which is composed by Keiichi Okabe and Ryuichi Takada which syncs to create a futuristic and exciting atmosphere. Here is the interview where Keiichi Okabe and his team talked about their creation of the soundtrack for Cyber Hunter.
Keiichi Okabe is best known for creating the theme music in the anime series Yuki Yuna is a Hero and the games Drakengard 3, Nier: Automata, and the PC game Fate/EXTELLA from the Fate series. Ryuichi Takada’s credits include the theme music in the TEKKEN game series and the game Fate/EXTELLA LINK.