Ever wanted to know whats it’s like playing a Metal Gear in VR while suiting up like a Crysis “Nanosuit” agent? Espire 1: VR Operative will definitely fill in those shoes. Developed by Digital Lode and published by Tripwire Interactive, watch the announce trailer below:
You are an operative of the future
Become “Espire Agents”, where you are able to remotely control Espire model 1 while at the safety of your Control Theatre. “Control Theatre,” a unique solution where it minimizes player’s peripheral vision of the game world into a size of a tablet, giving it a “VR within VR” feel; which not only allows more precise and freedom to move but also eliminates most “VR motion sickness” to many players.
Key Immersion Features
- Fully customizable Control Theatre, or fully disabled for those moving comfortably in VR.
- Freedom to movement allows more action stealth mechanics to shine from stealing guns, voice command “Freeze” to hold a guard, knock them out with a wave of your hand, throwing clips of ammunition to distract guards, shooting and action-based bullet timed shots to take out multiple guards at once.
- Fully detailed completed single-player story.
- Voice control activated with VR headset’s onboard microphone, allowing commands by speaking. This can be also used for distraction guards to your current location.
- Filled with gadgets and arsenals from tranquilizer pistol to deployable spy cameras.
- Global Leaderboard is available to award high scored players based on factors such as mission time, movement, stealth, ammo conservation, takedowns and other factors.
- Crouching and take cover is applicable not by pressing buttons but with players body movement instead
- Enemy AI will be sensitive and respond to sounds and sights.
Espire 1: VR Operative will be sneaking your way into PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift S, HTC Vive, Valve Index, Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality on September 24, 2019.