Garena‘s Free Fire has recently taken the top seat in the ranks of most downloaded mobile game across both iOS and Android market. This marks the second year in a row that Free Fire was the most downloaded mobile game worldwide, having also topped the ranking in 2019.
Free Fire has been steadily inclining its way in 2020 despite the many competitors that popped up along the way, and the ones that have been around before. Here are some of the highlights of the game during the past year:
- Free Fire achieved a new record high of over 100 million peak daily active users in 2020. (Source: Sea Q3 2020 earnings)
- Free Fire content on YouTube saw over 72 billion views in 2020, the 3rd most-watched game for the year. Free Fire was also the second most-watched live game in 2020. (Source: YouTube)
- Free Fire has over 100 billion lifetime views on YouTube. (Source: YouTube)
- Announced collaborations with some of the world’s most popular stars and brands to engage players further, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Money Heist(La Casa de Papel), DJ KSHMR, and Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan.
- Free Fire’s flagship tournament of the year, the Free Fire Continental Series (FFCS), ended on a high note, with the Asia Series obtaining more than 2.5 million peak concurrent viewers (PCV), setting a new record for Free Fire esports. (Source: Esports Charts)