I’ve been meaning to share this set of indie trailers for quite some time now which I found particularly interesting. One of the reasons is I pretty busy with holidays and secondly, I want to take my time to deep dive, digest slowly, and distinguish what’s worth sharing in the world of indies.
The released trailers of these games may have gone under the radar due to many other games presented at the same time, which I may have missed. But here are some of the Indie game trailers that I find truly interesting and maybe who knows, this could be the next big gem we were waiting for.
Space Tail: Every Journey Leads Home
Most 2D adventure games are either human or bipedal in nature but in this case, Space Tail does it differently by dropping a dog into planets and interacting with alien civilizations, well by barking. Announced by Enjoy Studio S.A and Longterm Games S.A., take on a conquest of space inspired by real events as people send animals to space, paving the way for humans to go into space. While most of these animals do not survive the journey – the story tells of the adventures of a dog named Bea, who… managed to beat the odds. So who’s a good boy.
Source: Next Indie
Details as shared on Steam:
Bea travels through space discovering more planets – Each planet is different and has its specific inhabitants, who can either become friends of the main character or be very unfriendly towards her. We are convinced that exploring this amazing world together with Bea will give the player a lot of satisfaction and pleasure. Space Tail is coming this Fall 2022 on PC.
THE KNIGHT WITCH
This is simply beautiful to me, popping with magical bullets as you play as a witch in a stylized fast-paced shoot ‘em up combat with Metroidvania style of traversal by publisher Team17 and developer SuperMegaTeam.
With over 30 unique spell cards to choose from in a magic deck-building system and Knight abilities to upgrade and improve, players can customize Rayne’s build to fit their playstyle, taking down the invading golems in the most effective way. Like other Knight Witches, Rayne thrives off the love and adoration of Dungeonidas’ citizens, growing ever stronger with their continued support – players can choose to capitalize on this, lying to the adoring denizens for their own means, or they can be honest, sharing the painful truth to the masses.
The Knight Witch Key Features:
- Shoot ‘Em Up Spellcasting Sorcery: Encounter evil foes and choose whether to wield Rayne’s magic or use her weapons and wits to take them down.
- Body and Mind: The Knight Witch Duality: Customize Rayne’s unique playstyle, upgrading Knight abilities for a more fast-paced shoot ‘em up experience, or strengthen Witch magic and explore different deckbuilding strategies with over 30 unique spell cards to choose from.
- Build Trust & Make Lasting Bonds: Knight Witches become stronger with gratitude and trust and can earn it in many ways, not all of which are sincere – the choice to choose popularity over honesty lies in the players hands.
- Forward-Thinking Accessibility: The Knight Witch has been designed as a Metroidvania without barriers; with an intuitive on/off ‘auto-aim’ system, world-altering ‘cheats’ and a focused main story navigation system – players will never get lost and can tailor the game to their level of play.
- Super Mega Team: The Knight Witch is brought to you by a veteran team of developers behind titles such as RiME, Moonlighter, and Plants VS Zombies.
The Library of Babel
This rekindled and got me thinking of what if 2D Prince Of Persia took on an aggressive stealthy approach to gameplay with platformer and graphic adventure combined, set in a futuristic Babylon. Discover its secrets and the mysteries behind its mythical creators. Announced by developer Tanuki Game Studio and publisher Neon Doctrine, The Library of Babel welcomes you to a world 20,000 years after the extinction of humanity. Coming soon in 2022 on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch.
Source: Neon Doctrine
Details as shared on Steam:
The world is now run by advanced robots, who know very little about their mythical creators. All is well and orderly in a society run by robots, until the discovery of a library that contains everything that has, is, and will ever be written— the perfect harbinger of chaos.
You play as Ludovik, a Seeker, sent to investigate a murder case in Babylon. When a state of emergency is suddenly declared, Ludovik finds himself in increasingly dangerous territory as he follows the murderer’s trail and unravels the mystery behind the Library’s sudden lockdown.
Featuring a world full of vast jungles, abandoned temples, and plentiful cybernetic inhabitants to interact with, The Library of Babel promises both a thrilling adventure full of danger and intrigue and a thoughtful, atmospheric tale of how we consider infinity.
- An overgrown yet futuristic world with beautifully hand-drawn 2D environments
- Deadly obstacles and even deadlier enemies to avoid, as Ludovik prefers agility and stealth over violence
- Dialogue and Inventory management systems reminiscent of the Graphic Adventure games of the ’90s
- A moody, philosophical science fiction story inspired by The Library of Babel and Apocalypse Now
Giving me a vibe of Cowboy Bebop, this 2D futuristic action-platformer RPG by Early Sun Games blended together with Metroidvania and roguelike elements.
Source: Next Indie
Details as shared on Steam:
Explore different planets with every run, find new and playable crew members with their own traits and abilities. Hack control panels to access powerful turrets and even put a twist on death. Find a multitude of upgradable weapons and items. Combine them with unique skills to create your build and match your play style.
HACK Control Panels to virtualize and control powerful turrets or regenerate from death.
HACK Upgrade Stations to increase your weapon’s elemental power, strategy, or upgrades.
HACK Signal Centers to unlock new locations and progress.
HACK Enemies to equip and give them commands. Evolve them to stronger versions.
Weapons, grenades, passive items, and modules are procedurally generated making every playthrough unique. Create synergies between them to unlock your true potential.
Locations are procedurally generated with predefined elements that feel familiar but are different every playthrough. Conquer cities filled with enemies, traps and exploding barrels at every turn. Discover hidden secrets that offer rare/epic/legendary items, blueprints, or an entire map to explore.
Build your crew in every playthrough. Find new crew members on visited planets and unlock their abilities from the skill tree. All crew members are playable characters.
Use the console in your ship to unlock new items or permanent upgrades to boost your fighting chances in the next run.
- Fluid player movement and twin-stick shooting, with unlockable special moves
- A LOT of loot and secrets
- Unique hacking mechanics
- Level up system
- Multiple playable characters
- Variety gameplay (shooting, hacking, trap courses, enemy waves)
- Locked doors with different types of keys and switches
- Missions, side missions and contracts
- Rarity based items and enemies
- Smart modularized AI
Our steam page is up! Wishlist to play the upcoming demo: https://t.co/75jjDU9WnT
— Sinus (@EarlySunGames) May 14, 2022