Step into the ring and move up the world rankings to become the champ! Boxing Champs is a fast-paced simulation/arcade boxing game.
Indie developer, Raz Games, is bringing us back to the good ol’ days when arcade boxing games were all the rave with Boxing Champs. With cartoon-like visuals and punchy (no boxing pun intended) colours, take full control of your player with an array of punch selections, combinations and knockouts and immerse yourself in an intense, arcade like-like experience akin to ’80s and 90’s beat ’em ups.
Bird’s eye view of your opponent.
Boxing Champs mixes top-down arcade gameplay with traditional boxing mechanics to deliver fun gameplay. Over a short three-round bout, players can challenge friends via local multiplayer, or start their own path with a full-blown Career Mode with 30 preset characters.
With 70+ hairstyles, hair colour, body colour, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats, players can create their own boxer with a robust customization system.
Some key features include :
- Boxer customization: Choose from 30 preset boxers – or create your own, with 70+ hairstyles, hair colour, body colour, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats.
- Defeat four champions: You’ll need to win all four belts to unify the title!
- Multiple arenas: Fight in Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, the Downtown Gym – or the Boxing Champs Arena.
- Career mode: Create your boxer, train, and move up in the world rankings.
- Single-player and multiplayer: Take on the AI or challenge friends for all the title belts. (Online multiplayer coming soon!)
- Cartoon-like graphics and sound: Nostalgic without having to resort to pixel art 🙂
Boxing Champs will be hitting the Steam store on May 30. The developer has also hinted upcoming news for Nintendo Switch users, so stay tuned!