By a real Princess.
After a successful Kickstarter stint that raised over $212,665 CAD, Battle Princess Madelyn is finally ready to greet the world! According to Christopher Obritsch, Owner and Creative Director of Causal Bit Games (developer of Battle Princess Madelyn), the original idea for the game was actually inspired by his daughter and guess what? His daughter’s name is Madelyn too! What a sweet coincidence! So you folks out there who play this game later on, make sure not to fail, it’s a little girl’s dream you are carrying there. Yes, feel the weight on your shoulders now, feel it!
About the game.
Battle Princess Madelyn, developed and created by Causal Bit Games, follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.
Set in the vein of Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Game Features –
- Detailed hand-drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castilla fame!
- A mix of fast-paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Battle Princess Madelyn has two modes of gameplay: Arcade which is fast paced old-school action and Story mode for the full adventure experience of questing and the battle princess!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which includes up to 5 stages – some of which branch!
- Masses of upgradable weapons that depend on your armor in arcade mode, or having the upgraded at the blacksmith in story mode!
- Special weapons for special occasions and some of these grant access to secret areas!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
Battle Princess Madelyn is confirmed for an Autumn/Fall Release on Xbox One/Windows PC/Playstation 4/Nintendo Switch/PS Vita/Wii U