CHRONO CROSS is back, and this time in the form of a remaster with the name ‘CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION‘, spelt in full caps and plenty of styles.
The game will be available in digital format for the PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC on Steam come this April 7, 2022.
Fans old and new alike can embark (or re-embark) on an adventure that transcends time and space. Nobuteru Yuuki, the original character designer of the game provides the game with refined illustrations, along with remastered music from acclaimed composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, and some more additional features.
New features players can look forward to;
- 3D models converted to HD*
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki*
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature*
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German, and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers – never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics*
*The 3D models, illustrations, font, and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together.
The game was never released in Europe back when it first came out in 1999 but the remastered version of it will be available for the EU folks.
Additionally, “RADICAL DREAMERS – Le Trésor Interdit -“, a text-based adventure video game released for Satellaview in 1996, which forms the bedrock of the story, is also included in this edition.
The original Chrono Concert series merchandise that was only released in Japan is also available to fans in the west now. Fans can pre-order the “CHRONO CROSS Music Box Chrono Cross -Scars of Time-”, featuring music composed by Yasunori Mitsuda exclusively at the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.
CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION will be coming to the PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC on Steam on April 7, 2022.