Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition has announced by the publisher Digerati and developer Failbetter Games that will be available at Nintendo Switch on April 23th, and April 24th on Xbox One. The Switch and Xbox ports are developed Nephilim Game Studios.
When first released in 2015 for PC following a successful Kickstarter campaign, Sunless Sea has received high scores from a few major game reviewers. The game’s storytelling received particular acclaim, winning Rock Paper Shotgun’s ‘Best Words’ award, and receiving nominations at the Golden Joystick Awards (Best Storytelling), Develop Awards (Best Use of Narrative), and Writers’ Guild of Great Britain (Best Writing in a Video Game).
Lose your mind, eat your crew or die. Take the helm of your steamship in a Victorian Gothic roleplaying game of discovery, loneliness and frequent death. Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition includes the base game and the extensive underwater expansion.
- Find your father’s bones. Determine London’s destiny. Defy the gods of the deep sea
- Build up your story across generations of zailors who braved the sea and lost
- Real-time combat against ships and Zee-beasts, spider-crewed dreadnoughts and sentient icebergs
- Stray too far from civilization and your crew will grow fearful and eventually lose their sanity
- Upgrade your steamship with powerful engines, cannons and pneumatic torpedo guns
- Hire unique officers, each with their own story
- Discover the treasures the zee has claimed
- Choose a ship’s mascot
- Trade or smuggle silk and souls