The Champions of Azeroth are completing their expeditions in the recently re-opened Forbidden Reach, and soon their attention will turn underground: Embers of Neltharion, Dragonflight’s next major content update, rolls out from May 2.
As part of the Embers of Neltharion update, Dragonflight Season 2 will also go live shortly after, from May 9. Check out below for some of what will be included:
Embers of Neltharion
Launching from May 2, 2023, with the completion of regional maintenance.
Major features include:
- NEW ZONE: Zaralek Cavern
- New quests, denizens to befriend, exploration, public objectives, and more await in this mysterious underground cavern.
- CROSS-FACTION GUILDS
- Guilds will have the ability to invite players of the opposite faction, which will include access to guild chat, bank access, and calendars.
- NEW RENOWN TRACK: Loamm Niffen
- The Niffen will offer new reputation rewards and activities to unlock as players progress through this renown track.
- DRAGONRIDING UPDATES
- Enthusiasts will have access to new racing courses, glyphs, abilities, and a new drake—the Winding Slitherdrake.
Players can also look forward to updates to class tuning and balancing, HUD/UI updates, as well as loads of new gear, mounts, and pets to earn.
Dragonflight Season 2
Launching from May 9, 2023, with the completion of regional maintenance.
The fallen Earth-warder Neltharion, infamously known as Deathwing, kept a secret laboratory deep underground below the Dragon Isles. Both the newly freed Incarnates and a rebel band of Dracthyr led by Scalecommander Sarkareth pose a threat as they fight to gain access to the lab and control over Neltharion’s long-hidden secrets.
The pain Deathwing inflicted was only the beginning.
Patch 10.1: Embers of Neltharion arrives May 2.
This week in WoW: https://t.co/cssIkawGUK pic.twitter.com/N6NHGFadRj
— World of Warcraft (@Warcraft) April 3, 2023
- NEW RAID: Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
- Players will face nine bosses as they work to thwart the Incarnates as well as Scalecommander Sarkareth, whose forces seek to claim the legacy of the Dracthyr.
- Just like Season 1, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will release simultaneously.
- NEW MYTHIC+ ROTATION:
- The remaining Dragonflight dungeons will enter the fray:
- Brackenhide Hollow
- Halls of Infusion
- Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
- Four dungeons returning from past expansions will provide new challenges to keep the M+ rotation fresh:
- Freehold, Battle for Azeroth
- The Underrot, Battle for Azeroth
- Neltharion’s Lair, Legion
- Vortex Pinnacle, Cataclysm
- Major changes to the Mythic+ system include the removal of a seasonal affix as well as a revamp of the base affixes.