Indie publisher Digerati has to announced that their vertically-scrolling shmup, Rangok Skies for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam will be launch in Q4 2020/Q1 2021. Developed by Samurai Games, Rangok Skies offers an authentic old-school challenge with shoot ’em up gameplay inspired by genre classics.
A Rangok Skies demo has been released to coincide with the imminent PAX X EGX online event, which starts this weekend, and is available to download and play now on Steam. In addition to giving players an opportunity to sample the explosive over-the-top action, the demo includes three of the game’s four available characters, each with their own ship and attacks, and features online leaderboards.
War has started! Rangok Skies is a vertically scrolling arcade shooter inspired by the genre classics, such as DoDonPachi, Gunbird, and Strikers 1945. Highly replayable with 4 different characters, each with their own unique ship, weapons, and bombs. Includes 2-player local co-op.
- Choose your pilot: Four different characters, each with their own unique ship, weapons, bombs, and story endings
- Solo Mode: Start with three lives and three continue credits, and try to beat the game!
- Online rankings: Which leaderboard you’re ranked on – Terminators, Masters, Heroes, or Babies – is determined by lives lost, continues used, and score
- Auto-Shoot Accuracy: Hold down fire to slow your ship and enable more precise movements
- Special Weapons: For targeted mass destruction of most enemies and bullets
- Mega Bombs: Inflict screen-clearing devastation, perfect for tight situations
- Collect mini-items and rewards: Increase firepower, charge the Mega Bomb meter, boost your score
- Five intense stages: Each with their own enemies and huge end-of-level boss
- Local Co-op Mode: Play with a friend and defeat Lord Rangok together
- TATE Mode (縦): Supports turning your monitor vertically for the full arcade experience