From developer Affordable Cat, comes this intense first-person survival horror that is riddled with action, frightful family secrets and chilling surprises. Martha is now available on Steam, and to the horror of players, it’s now on a special discount till 16th February! Check out the trailer below:
Unlike many small indie horror games, Martha has a strong focus on combat. The player is not forced to run and hide cowering in a cupboard with a flashlight. Martha gives the player a small arsenal of weapons to fight back, but does not skimp on atmosphere and has some great jump scares.
You are Isabelle Hewitt, a determined freelance reporter with a penchant for getting sh*t done and taking matters into your own hands. Your close work colleague, Jack Meyer, is missing and you have not heard from him in nearly two weeks. Having worked with him for over a decade, you know this is very much out of character.
Jack was in the regional outskirts of Annadeer to investigate a family who went missing from the Albrecht Estate, which is rumoured to be struck by a family curse. The house has been left abandoned and now Jack is nowhere to be seen. Why so many missing people in the local area, you wonder.
The local police are reluctant to investigate, so now it’s up to you.
- Atmosphere meets action: Martha has all the tension of a first-person horror game but plenty of action. You won’t be a helpless victim holding a flashlight: you can use firearms, melee weapons and even your bare fists to fight your enemies.
- Fight or flee: Ammo is limited and foes are deadly, so choose your weapons wisely. You decide how to tackle the encounters: do you run and wait them out or stand and fight like a boss?
- Solve puzzles: Crack codes, discover combinations and enjoy the good old-fashioned key hunts that await you.
- Uncover the truth: Martha has a rich storyline, interesting characters and plenty of juicy family secrets to keep you suitably entertained. The dirty laundry just keeps on piling up.
- Non-linear structure: You decide the sequence to tackle the challenges and find your own path.
Check out the game’s Steam page to learn more and grab the game while the discount still applies.