Run your own guerrilla faction in the Alaska of 2080, Perimeter Games will be bringing us this sandbox survival strategy game in 2022. HeatWave will soon test your survival and strategy skills on PC and Switch. Trailer below:
HeatWave is a sandbox survival strategy game set in 2080 in Alaska – affected by climate change and Russian invasion. Form your guerilla faction and plan your actions in real-time on a macro-scale map. Set destination points for your units, choose a place for your camp, and use your crafting skills to make tools and weapons. Take into consideration nearby villages and hostile units before deciding where to build or move your base next.
Use the isometric view to explore the local area, talk to or trade with NPCs, accept quests, recruit new members of your team, or search for resources. Once ready, or when having no other choice, engage in turn-based combat that will determine the future of your faction and, in the long run, shape the world once it’s all over.
Main features of the game include:
- Run your own Guerrilla faction – Form your team, enact internal laws, and adapt rules to the ever-changing environment.
- Use and upgrade your bushcraft skills – Help your people meet their basic survival needs. Set up camps, obtain energy resources, and provide shelter against the cold and rain. Hunt for food, collect wild plants, or plunder local communities to prevent starvation.
- Explore the world – Visit nearby settlements. Talk with their inhabitants, try to recruit them, or at least trade with them, and complete quests they’ll assign you to establish a good relationship with them.
- Partisan tactics – Stay in the shadows and avoid being discovered at all costs. Move your base if necessary, and implement a hit-and-run strategy that will be essential for your survival. Set up traps, sabotage the oppressor’s supply lines, and incite the people of Alaska against them.
- Diplomacy – Shape your own politics while you handle diplomatic relations with other factions and settlements to make sure all your goals are met. Perform tasks for the local population to gain their goodwill, so they help you compete against other guerrilla groups.
Check out the game on Steam if you are interested in having it in your wishlist.