SQUARE ENIX has announced the upcoming release of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes Of An Elusive Age – Definitive Edition for the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam on the 4th of December 2020. This marks the debut of the beloved series on Xbox and the game will be available at launch on Xbox Game Pass for both console and PC, bringing its unique art style and rich storytelling to a whole new audience.
The game promises to be enthralling and an unmissable adventure for RPG fans. For those who are unfamiliar with the series, players will follow the perilous journey of the Luminary, a hunted hero who must uncover the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charismatic cast of supporting characters.
Embarking on a quest taking them across continents and over vast oceans they will learn of an ominous threat facing the world. Packed with over 100 hours of content from the critically acclaimed 2017 release of DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, this definitive version also brings with it an array of upgrades and enhancements including:
• New character side stories – Get to know your fascinating cast of companions more than ever with individual side stories and adventures
• Retro 2D mode – In addition to stunning 3D you can also choose to play in 2D with retro-inspired graphics of classic 16-bit RPGs
• 16-bit World of Tickington – Journey to past DRAGON QUEST worlds full of additional sidequests reimagined in the retro style
• Japanese audio – Choice to play the entire game with all-new Japanese voice-over or the original English
• Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack – Ability to switch between the symphonic soundtrack or the original synthesized soundtrack as you travel the world of Erdrea
• Photo mode – Immortalize your adventure with the perfect image. Rearrange characters, set different poses, change angles, etc. are just some of the features available in Photo Mode
Players may pre-order the digital version of the game from now on.
*The pre-order starting date may vary depending on platforms and regions.