An odd and interesting game with surreal design elements to boot, Atomic Heart has been announced with a 10 minute pre-alpha gameplay video by developer Mundfish. The game is described as an adventure FPS (first person shooter) in an alternate universe in Soviet Union.
First impressions and key elements found in the game
- The enemies looks Nier Automata-ish with a few mechanical designs
- A robotic half done face robots and floating chickens ( I am already impressed)
- Use binoculars to pinpoint enemies location from afar
- A few variety of robotic enemy types found
- Melee combat appears to have an impactful feel to it, with realistic feedback to you and enemies ( if you swing to the right, your enemies will sway to the right by example)
- Cigarettes and canned goods can be collected for consumption
- Try not to get overwhelmed by enemy numbers and learn your enemies attack pattern to dodge and attack
- The music is Trance, picking up as the battle starts
- At times, enemies will pummel you to the ground, prompting you to press the right buttons to escape
On first impression, it looks to be a mix of Metro or Far Cry gameplay in a Bioshock designed world, crowded with Nier Automata enemy designs which is pretty unique to look at. The world changed when our main character falls underground, which looks like a Vault-ish design inspired by Fallout. Definitely looks like they managed to take inspiration from the titles mentioned above and made it their own.
A beta is coming in Quarter 4 2019. The game has been announced for Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4.