With the collaborative efforts of tinybuild and Moon Moose comes this drug empire business simulator. Cartel Tycoon will be coming to the PC later this year, but players are able to enjoy a free demo of the game right now, downloadable in Steam. Check out the teaser trailer below :-
Take over the land as a drug tycoon in a story-driven strategy game inspired by the ‘80s narco trade. As a succession of fictional drug lords, run all aspects of the empire. Smuggle product over the border, launder dirty money, and earn the loyalty of the common people while fending off rival cartels and evading the eye of the law.
The game simulates every facet of the drug baron experience. Manage huge logistical systems in pursuit of profit. Establish farms, maintain housing, and build production lines and workshops. Optimize the trade of cannabis and cocaine, then research new drugs and ways to hide and transport them.
As profits skyrocket, the violence sets in and the vicious cycle of war, crime and punishment take place. But failure is part of the experience—take over the empire as one of your lieutenants to continue the succession, pick up the pieces, and start rebuilding. Survive as long as possible, facing roguelike challenges and conditions with each new leader.
“Our story about drug cartels focuses on the consequences of such an endeavor.Cartel Tycoon invites players to test themselves against incredible depth and intense, persistent trials, but ultimately, even the hardest dealers succumb to the perils of the trade.”
Margarita Shapovalova – Game Designer
Key Features of Cartel Tycoon:
- Grow a drug empire in the late ‘80s, dealing in marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine and other goods
- Tycoon action on an epic scale with dozens of upgrade paths and endless strategic combinations
- Run huge logistical systems of your farms, labs, warehouses, workshops, research centers, and delivery lines
- Conquer neighbouring regions and send profits climbing to unlock new upgrade paths and powerful research opportunities
- Death is inevitable but lieutenants with unique traits take over for the drug lord before them
- Evade the authorities and square off against rival cartels on the path to profit
- Procedurally generated story and roguelike action for endless replayability
- Original soundtrack recorded by artists like Orkesta Mendoza, Chico Unicornio, Candeleros, C.A.M.P.O.S., The Vicious Seeds and others
Cartel Tycoon is planned for a Q4 2020 release for the PC via Steam.