Team17 and Studio Koba recently revealed that digital adventure Narita Boy will be released on 30th March for PC, PlayStation 4 (and backward compatible on PlayStation 5), Nintendo Switch, and the Xbox One consoles (playable on Xbox Series X|S via Backward Compatibility) including on release day with Xbox Game Pass for PC and Console.
The sidescrolling narrative-driven RetroVania adventure is inspired by the electronic pop culture of the 1980s, with a synthwave soundtrack and neo-retro aesthetic to match, as players are sucked into the Digital Kingdom to fight for its freedom… and for the memories of its human creator.
- Go back to the future: A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for a blast from the past
- You have the power!: The Techno-Sword can be used alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small
- Might as well jump: The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments
- Pixel-perfect story: Encounter weird and wonderful digitised characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator
- Pump up the jam: Inspired by the glory days of analogue synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey.