straka.studio with the help from SUPERHOT PRESENTSand Slovak Arts Council unveil their upcoming island-shifting action-roguelike Loot River, coming to Xbox and PC. Prepare to journey down an otherworldly river in search of knowledge and loot!
Set in a series of procedurally-generated labyrinths, Loot River is a dungeon-crawling action-roguelike that combines the tense, real-time combat and dark fantasy stylings of Dark Souls with the spatial block-shifting puzzles of Tetris.
Armed with the power of the Relic, players can shift the ground beneath them, sliding floating ruins together in a series of tile puzzles. As players venture through these endless catacombs, they’ll encounter beasts, lost travellers, and bosses. These cosmic grottos offer a wealth of new weapons and gear to discover, as well as unholy knowledge to unearth for permanent upgrades.
Drawn to shards of an unholy relic, wandering nomads have found themselves in a perpetual cycle of life and death, losing their sanity as they journey through endless parallel realities, devouring each other to absorb the knowledge of their fellow travellers. No two journeys are ever the same as countless lost souls float through the Loot River.
Sliding features as shared on Steam:
- Slide ruins of an old dungeon to defeat your foes
- Forge your path through ancient abandoned fortress
- Meet horrifying beast from alternate realities, as well as other wandering nomads
- Wake up in a parallel universe after each death – navigate through thousands of unique, yet familiar dungeons
- Defeat enemies your way – unlock many different abilities, items and weapons, each with a unique look, animations, powers, and style
- Gain knowledge and experience, level up, and defeat powerful bosses
- Immerse yourself in a beautiful, hand-drawn, pixel art with fluid animations, real-time 3D shadows, and astonishing water simulation