A new game developer, ‘Tookyo Games’ takes the stage and what shocked everyone is, the company is actually formed by a group of formidable (if not legendary) industry veterans! Among the notable lineup:
• Director / Scenario writer: Kazutaka Kodaka (Danganronpa series)
• Director / Scenario Writer: Kotaro Uchikoshi (Zero Escape series)
• Game Designer / Director: Takumi Nakazawa (Ever17, Root Double)
• Novelist / Scenario Writer: Youichirou Koizumi (Break-kun Core, Ultra Despair Hagakure)
• Music composer / Arranger: Masfumi Takada (Danganronpa series, 100 Sleeping Princes & the Kingdom of Dreams)
• Artist / Illustrator: Shimadoriru (Danganronpa series, Fate/Grand Order)
• Artist / Illustrator: Rui Komatsuzaki
Accompanying the announcement of the company’s foundation is the list of projects they’re already working on. Speaking of speed!
- Project #1 (Game) “A Game with a Kodaka x Uchikoshi Joint Scenario! ‘Limit’ x ‘Despair.'”
A game that involves all creators of Tookyo Games to concentrate their abilities on. The genre is not known yet.
- Project #2 (Anime)“Everyone is a Villain.”
An anime in collaboration with Studio Pierrot, depicting the image of action films in the 1990s such as Pulp Fiction and The Professional.
- Project #3 (Game)“A Children’s Death Game, By Children, for Children.”
An action adventure game with Kodaka as the general manager, Uchikoshi as the scenario writer, and Nakazawa as the director.
- Project #4 (Game)“A Spike Chunsoft x Tookyo Games Dark Fantasy-Esque Mystery.”
A collaboration between the development team of Danganronpa and Spike Chunsoft. This project started before Kodaka retire from Spike Chunsoft. A cyberpunk themed game. Visuals below depicts the impression of the game.
Stay tuned for more news and updates from this developer on their website at: https://tookyogames.jp/english/