The Lords of the Fallen, a new dark-fantasy action RPG, was unveiled during Gamescom’s ‘Opening Night Live’, hosted by Geoff Keighley. Developed by HEXWORKS (a CI Games studio), the reboot of the 2014 hit, Lords of the Fallen, is in development for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S, and is powered by Unreal Engine 5.
The Lords of the Fallen was revealed with a three-minute cinematic trailer showcasing the game’s new dark fantasy setting, narrated by actor Joseph Quinn (Stranger Things, Game of Thrones). CI Games also revealed the game’s new title and logo, as well as key art illustrating the vast world, split between the realm of the living and the dead – a core gameplay feature.
Taking place more than a thousand years after the events of the first game, The Lords of the Fallen introduces an all-new adventure in a vast, interconnected world, more than five times larger than the original game. An expansive RPG experience – filled with NPC quests, compelling characters, and rich narrative – players will need to create their own hero before tackling the immersive single-player campaign. They will also have the option to invite a second player to join their adventure in uninterrupted online co-op – a new feature for the franchise.
Hexworks is led by Executive Producer, Saul Gascon (Dead by Daylight, PayDay 2,) and Creative Director, Cezar Virtosu (Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed: Origins). Founded in 2020, they lead a global team of over 75 internal developers and a network of external partners, working together to create a new dark vision for the divided worlds of The Lords of the Fallen. Powered by Unreal Engine 5, The Lords of the Fallen is designed exclusively for new-generation consoles and PC.
Features as shared on Steam:
- Embark upon two vast, parallel worlds – that of the living… and the dead
- Master a fast, fluid, and challenging combat system
- Wield devastating magic attacks and character buffs
- Invite a second player to join your campaign in uninterrupted, online multiplayer
- Encounter a wide array of characters, eager to offer a dubious hand…
- Fully customize your own unique character
- Choose from 9 starting character classes, including Knight, Rogue and Fire Apprentice