After the success of Dying Light and a great opening of the Dying Light 2 Stay Human sales figures, Techland gathers new strengths to power up all of the teams in the company. Especially the one responsible for the unannounced AAA Open World Action-RPG in a fantasy setting. Despite a big release of DL2SH this year and its intense production last year, Techland continued the development of its upcoming game, and now it’s the best time for its team to grow in numbers significantly.
“We’re very happy with what we have accomplished with the Dying Light franchise so far. Moreover, our journey with Dying Light 2 Stay Human has only just begun as we plan to support this game for at least 5 years, with its scope and size matching, if not exceeding, what we have provided our community with during post-launch support for its predecessor. At the same time, our ambition is to introduce a brand new IP that is vastly different from what we have been doing for the past several years. We want to create a fully next-gen experience. A new fantasy epic set in a sprawling open world, fueled by the skills and experience we have gained as a team over the years, infused with new ideas, passion, and creativity. While we cannot share more details about this project now, we’re all truly invested in it and looking forward to showing it to gamers when the time is right.”
Paweł Marchewka – CEO at Techland
All open positions for Techland’s new unannounced AAA Open World Action-RPG and Dying Light 2 Stay Human teams are available here!
The team responsible for the Techland’s new IP has some truly remarkable talent on board, such as:
- Karolina Stachyra – Narrative Director who previously worked with CD Projekt Red on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its DLCs
- Arkadiusz Borowik – Narrative Lead who previously worked with CD Projekt Red on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its DLCs
Moreover, during the last few months, said the team was strengthened by:
- Bartosz Ochman – Open World Director who previously worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Mario Maltezos – Creative Director, in his past, he worked with companies like Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros (Mad Max), and Microsoft
- David McClure – Lead Game Designer previously associated with Arkane Studios (Deathloop), Deep Silver, and Playground Games
- Kevin Quaid – Lead Animator with over 8 years of experience at Guerilla Games who worked on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion The Frozen Wilds
- Marcin Surosz – Lead UI/UX Designer with amazing skill in defining what players’ needs are, formerly from People Can Fly