Pie for Breakfast Studios and PxlPlz has recently announced the upcoming release of Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends for the Nintendo Switch. This follows the game’s success on the PC, and with that success comes the interest of players from other platforms seeking to get their hands on the game. The developers are currently raising money for the game on Kickstarter, seeking a funding goal of $70,000 and made the announcement via a Kickstarter update. Check out the trailer for the game below:
Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends, as in the 1905 comic strip, follows the adventures of a 7-year-old boy in the world of his dreams. Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends finds Nemo and his friends fighting off the invasion of the Nightmare Fiends, who threaten the existence of Slumberland itself!
Players control Nemo and his 3 friends: the magic-wielding Princess of Slumberland, the mischievous clown Flip, and the agile royal guard Peony, an original character created for this game. Each character has different abilities that help them navigate the dangers in Slumberland. The game offers a system that lets players switch between characters quickly, allowing them to use different characters’ abilities in tandem for powerful combinations – perfect for exploration and speedrunning!
- Take control of 4 characters on your trip through Slumberland! The brave Nemo, the magic-wielding Princess, the mischievous clown Flip, and the agile royal guard Peony – an original character created for this game!
- Each character has unique ways to attack and explore. Players can switch between them quickly to create powerful combos and find hidden areas!
- Featuring hand-drawn artwork made to mimic the style of animation pioneer Winsor McCay’s landmark 1905 comic strip!
- Explore surreal environments based on episodes from the original Little Nemo comic.
- Wake Nemo up and explore his house, featuring rooms with hidden items, artifacts to make your characters stronger, and production artwork!
The game is currently in early prototype form and is tentatively slated to release in 2022.