Grimorio of Games and JanduSoft S.L. released a new free DLC for the monster-summoning action-roguelike Sword of the Necromancer available on Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. A new anime-inspired cinematic trailer has been created for the occasion as the free DLC introduces 3 new game modes to put your skills to the test. You will also face 10 new monsters and 8 new bosses! Complete the Extra modes to unlock the Epilogue, a new chapter in the story!
- Challenge Mode – Revisit the base game with a randomized twist. In this new mode you will advance through the five floors of the dungeon as usual, but stay vigilant for new enemies and unexpected encounters!
- Colosseum Mode – Test your mettle against hordes of enemies! Starting from level 1 and without any items, defy death as you take on waves of enemies to advance. Chain combos will be key to your survival; the bigger your combo meter, the more XP you will earn and the better the items you will find!
- Boss Rush – Fight against 5 bosses with no breaks! Fight against tougher bosses (both old and new) in quick succession, with your current adventuring supplies. Level up and gear up to face them! If you complete this mode, you will unlock one of the original bosses as a summon!
- Dungeon Builder – Build and play custom dungeon floors! Create a floor layout, choose the enemies you want to appear, and select the boss guarding the exit. You can even choose what items will appear in chests and their properties, so you can set yourself a unique challenge or share a fiendish floor with a friend. Share your creations via a simple text code!
- Item Shop – When playing the new modes, you will earn Symbols that you can exchange for items in the Item Shop. The item offer will change daily and is the same for all players each day. This feature can help you unlock all of the weapon and relic types, a useful tool for achievement hunters
- Epilogue – Complete the new Extra modes to unlock a new chapter in the story!
- Release history – Sword of the Necromancer released in January 2021 after a successful Kickstarter campaign. The game was released on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
— Grimorio of Games – Sword of the Necromancer (@GrimorioG) June 24, 2021