indie game publisher Pineapple Works has announced that DREAMO, has been released on the Nintendo Switch now, with a 10% launch discount. Free demo version is available too. DREAMO, developed by Hypnotic Ants, is a game that echoes elements found in various Puzzle Narrative games from The Witness and The Talos Principle to Baba is You and Fez.
In DREAMO, you inhabit the body and mind of Jack, a scientist who barely survived a plane crash and lost his memory. Being an invaluable asset to his company, he is being given a radical experimental treatment to save his life. The treatment involves navigating through his subconscious and solving a series of cube based puzzles, known as Artifacts to uncover his past. Guiding him through his treatment is Dr Tara Reid, she claims to be there to help you but is she?
As the game goes along the puzzles feature increasingly complex and inventive internal machinery both to further engage the player and symbolise the increasing difficulty of accessing the deeper parts of your subconscious, coupled with the fully voiced narration, the game explores morality, single-minded devotion and the far-reaching effects of one’s choices
- First-person puzzle-adventure game
- Dozens of individually designed, challenging 3D puzzles with moving components and a variety of modifiers
- Challenge Mode – for players seeking to put their skills to the test
- Fully voiced narration
- Relaxing gameplay formula
- Expanding dreamscape
- Low polygon environment with vibrant colours
- An engaging three-chapter storyline that explores themes of memory, choice, and consequence