Publisher and co-developer Dotemu, along with its partners Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games, announced the release of Mr. X Nightmare. This long-awaited DLC from the global hit Streets of Rage 4 is available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, GOG, and the Windows Store for € 7.99. Fans can also take advantage of a big free update that offers a bunch of cool improvements and new features alongside this additional content.
To celebrate the release of Mr. X Nightmare, Dotemu has lowered the price of his title by 40% on Steam and Nintendo Switch, that of the DLC by 10% on PlayStation 4, and 15% off on Nintendo Switch, Steam, and the Microsoft Store from July 15 to 29.
Mr. X Nightmare sees new features added to Streets of Rage 4 :
- New playable fighters: Mighty policewoman Estel Aguirre makes her debut on the good side of justice, while Shiva and Max Thunder from Streets of Rage 2 & 3 arrive to put some slaps in the latest episode of the legendary series
- Survival mode: inventive and particularly replayable challenge, survival mode sees fighters fighting against endless waves of enemies and gaining powers between each assault until their inevitable death. Chance makes every matchup unpredictable with randomly generated runs, while weekly challenges, similar for all players, will push the best fighters to their limits if they want to secure a good place in the online leaderboards. Each successful level opens access to a skill to be selected from among several, offered at random.
- New Strikes: Braving the onslaught of Survival Mode also permanently unlocks new moves, for use across all Streets of Rage 4 modes. Players can customize the hit list of their favourite fighters, including retro characters.
- Badass Arsenal: Progression unlocks access to devastating new weapons in training mode, as well as in the gallery.
- The leaderboards to show who’s boss: the online leaderboards keep track of the best runs of the community. Who will be the greatest fighter in Wood Oak City?
- New music: keep the groove going with a wonderful original OST by Tee Lopes ( Sonic Mania, League of Legends ).
- And that’s not all: a free standalone DLC update adds a full training system, colour choices for character outfits, a nifty new New Mania + difficulty mode, and a ton of tweaks and balances made following feedback from the Streets of Rage 4 passionate community.
— Dotemu (@Dotemu) July 16, 2021
Streets of Rage 4 revitalized the iconic beat’em all series when it was released in Spring 2020 on PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4. After a notable 25-year absence, the series has moved into the modern era with panache thanks to Streets of Rage 4, which received a particularly warm reception by critics and the public on its release. The game offers new fighters but also some famous faces from the series, magnificent pencil graphics, new game mechanics and abilities, pixel art characters to unlock as well as a soundtrack that pays homage to the original identity of the series, which made its success in the 90s.
🥊 TWO DAYS LEFT! 🥊
— Dotemu (@Dotemu) July 13, 2021