The new Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE was recently introduced by Samsung, bringing features that have been loved by many Samsung consumers and fans alike. With the introduction of the S Pen with this tablet, the possibilities have been extended even further as to what can be done on a tablet of this size.
At first look, the resemblance with the previous S7 Plus is uncanny, as they both share the same 12.4-inch crisp looking display. With two lesser speakers, the S7 FE is looking pretty much similar to the previous tab by Samsung.
Let’s take a quick look at what you get when you receive your Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE:
Included in the box is:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging brick+cable ( Rated at 15W)
- Galaxy Tab S Pen
- The usual paperwork
A standard unboxing to say the least. The included Tab S Pen is something that should have been in the works quite some time ago, seeing how some of their S model smartphones have adopted those capabilities. Unfortunately pairing a tablet with a 15W power brick isn’t the best thing to do, as charging this device’s big battery can take ages to complete. A 25W charger would have been a little more adequate though. We’ll see how the charging speed fare’s in our review.
Some high-end specs have been omitted in the FE model, suggesting that Samsung might want to extend their reach to many more customers by making this some sort of an entry-level tablet, with better reach in the capability department with the added S Pen. As for tech specs go for all you geeks out there:
- Display: 12.4 Inch TFT Screen, 1600x2560px resolution, 14.4:9 aspect ratio, 243ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570); Adreno 619.
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 256 GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, One UI 3.1.
- Rear camera: 8 Megapixels
- Front camera: 5 Megapixels
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 10090mAh; Up to 45W Fast Charging
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, a compass; Samsung DeX functionality.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE is by no means at the flagship level as compared to the previous model after reviewing the spec sheet. But the premium Aluminum body provides a better feel and look to it, edging itself when it comes to appeal.
Stay tuned for our full review later to see whether this tablet does what it takes to be the Fan Edition device that it is set out to be.