Get ready to wear your space-faring boots on, as the classic remastered adventure RPG Star Ocean: First Departure R is being brought back to life digitally for western audiences by publisher Square Enix Co., Ltd and developer tri-Ace. Trailer below is presented with English voices, original Japanese voices or the newly recorded Japanese voice acting dub audio.
The story of Star Ocean begins…
Play as Roddick who is part of the Defence Force tasked to protect an underdeveloped peaceful town of Kratus. After learning a mysterious disease has broken out in the neighbouring town, he embarks alongside his friends Millie and Dorne to find a rumoured cure only to find new adventures ahead.
New galactic features:
- Originally released back in 2007 PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, this new HD remaster version.
- Optional voiceovers in English or Japanese, or a newly recorded version from the original Japanese casts of the Super Famicom version.
- Optional to change between original character illustrations or the brand-new versions drawn by the famous illustrator Katsumi Enami (Star Ocean: The Last Hope).
- Now players are able to speed up with its speed mode to traverse the world faster.
- Adjusted battle difficulty to enable more challenge in combat.
Journey back into the stars with Star Ocean: First Departure R coming on December 5, 2019, for digital release on PlayStation 4 and Switch. Priced at $20.99 / £16.99 / £16.99/ 87.74 MYR.