Indonesian developers Toge Productions and Mojiken presents When the Past was Around, a whimsical point-and-click puzzle game about love and letting go; launches on PC recently via steam while consoles such as Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and XBOX will be set on November release.
When the Past was Around is an adventure puzzle-escape game about love, loss, moving on, and letting go
The game offers a silent yet profound narrative experience. Designed to wrench your heart, When the Past was Around involves gathering clues and solving puzzles to unravel secrets buried deep within one’s memory. Euphonious, heartwarming music will accompany your journey in exploring the world of an aspiring violinist named Eda and her lover.
The game features:
▪ A picture speaks a thousand words – Experience the game’s story not through words nor dialogues, but through beautifully hand-drawn art created by talented Indonesian artist, Brigitta Rena.
▪ A short, sweet, and whimsical journey – Explore a bittersweet tale between a girl and her lover in a surreal world consisting of disjointed rooms of memories and time.
▪ Personal and ubiquitous – A game about overcoming the past and finding the self.
▪ Solve brain-teasing puzzles – Various intriguing puzzles to solve and stories to uncover.
▪ Let the music guide you – Atmospheric violin music will accompany you from the peaceful days to the angstiest moments.