The turn-based tactics game Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition from the creator of X-COM debuts on consoles with four major DLCs including the upcoming DLC 4, launching same-day on PC, as announced by Snapshot Games, in partnership with Prime Matter. Additionally free next-gen upgrade to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S after launch.
Phoenix Point delivers a new breed of turn-based strategy and action. Earth has been overrun. A mutating alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organization of the greatest minds and bravest soldiers left, can fight back and save the world.
It’s up to you to lead Earth’s resistance: explore a ravaged planet, build your bases, research and develop new techniques and technologies, manage resources on a global scale, and fight in full-scale, turn-based tactical battles to survive. But you won’t be alone. Work together with different factions to unite mankind and take back the planet via Phoenix Point‘s diplomacy system, or crush all your rivals with military might. No matter what you choose, you’re in for a brutal challenge with endless replayability.
Earth has been overrun. A mutating alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. It’s up to you to lead Earth’s resistance. ?#PhoenixPoint: Behemoth Edition – the acclaimed strategy game designed by the creator of X-COM – hits PS4 and Xbox One on October 1, 2021. pic.twitter.com/B4jXKP6LTD
— Prime Matter (@primemattergg) July 13, 2021
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition Key Features:
- The Complete Phoenix Point Experience to Date: Includes the full game plus four major DLCs (“Blood and Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Festering Skies” and the upcoming “Corrupted Horizons”) featuring additional story missions, maps, and other gameplay bonuses, DLC weapons pack, and a slew of updates, upgrades, and community-driven quality-of-life improvements.
- Optimized for Consoles: Revamped UI and gamepad controls designed specifically for consoles.
- Intense Turn-based Squad Battles: Deploy your squad of four or more soldiers and drones in tactical, turn-based battles. Take direct control of your soldiers’ shots in combat with a unique free-aiming system — target enemy weak spots, weapons, and more for mass impact.
- Defend Earth from a Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an alien threat that adapts to your tactics to constantly challenge you. Face intense boss fights against huge monsters with unique abilities that require precise planning and execution.
- The Geoscape Reborn: Take command of a strategic view of world situations and conflicts to plan operations and manage resources on a global scale.
- Deep and Extensive Soldier Development: Customize your soldiers with unique skills and a vast array of weapons and equipment.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Threat: Experience a complex narrative with multiple possible endings, and learn about the origins of the crisis through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: Decide how to deal with different factions trying to reclaim Earth. Earn unique rewards for cooperation (and face the consequences for opposition).
- Free Next-Generation Upgrade: Experience the game at 4K|60 FPS on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X with a free upgrade for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One owners after launch.
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is available now on PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, the Microsoft Store, GOG.com and Google Stadia.