Maze Theory is excited to announce its forthcoming VR narrative adventure game Peaky Blinders: The King’s Ransom has a brand new demo available on the PICO 4 headset now. The demo – which will be available to download for free on the PICO Store – will give fans of the hit British crime drama the chance to play Peaky Blinders’ TV series VR debut ahead of release, featuring the vocal talents of the show’s stars Cillian Murphy and Paul Anderson.
VR aficionados who don’t yet own a PICO headset can get hands-on with the demo at PICO pop-up shops in London, Paris, and Munich until December 20th 2022:
- Paris – Westfield Les 4 Temps
- London – Westfield London White City
- Munich – Riem Arcaden
As the VR audience continues to grow through innovative new platforms such as the PICO 4, we look forward to immersing new audiences in the world of Peaky Blinders – For fans of action adventure and crime drama, Peaky Blinders: The King’s Ransom allows players to explore the mean streets of 1920s Birmingham in an authentic Peaky Blinders virtual reality experience inspired by the hit TV drama series. As we move towards release, we look forward to announcing more unexpected features.
Tim Jones – Game Director at Maze Theory
At launch, Peaky Blinders: The King’s Ransom will offer:
- Immersive World: Step into the mean streets of 1920s Birmingham and London and explore iconic locations from the show, including The Garrison pub, Charlie’s Yard and Shelby’s Betting Shop.
- Believable Characters: Come face-to-face with Tommy Shelby (voiced by Cillian Murphy) and Arthur Shelby (voiced by Paul Anderson) like never before. Interact with iconic characters as you uncover allegiances and confront your enemies.
- Intense Action: Life in Small Heath is full of opportunity – and risk. Immerse yourself in dramatic action as you take down rivals and move up in the world.
- Epic Crime Drama: On the run from the firing squad, you turn to the infamous Tommy Shelby for help, and soon find yourself at war once again. Your only hope at redemption is to defeat the odds and win at any cost… By order of the Peaky Blinders.
Inspired by the BAFTA-winning drama, Peaky Blinders: The King’s Ransom is an original story written in collaboration with Peaky Blinders’ producer and brand owner Caryn Mandabach Productions, and with series creator and writer Steven Knight. The game is created in partnership with the distributor, Banijay.
Peaky Blinders: The King’s Ransom will launch on PICO 4 on 9th March 2023 for the price of £24.99/€29.99/$29.99.