Publisher Deep Silver together with developer Deep Silver FISHLABS has announced new IP Chorus, a dark space-combat shooter for Xbox Series X and Xbox One alongside PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Stadia and PC in 2021.
Exclusively revealed during the recent Inside Xbox event, Chorus will support Smart Delivery on the Xbox family of consoles, ensuring players get the best experience on both Xbox One and Xbox Series X with a single purchase.
Enter the Galaxy
Take control of dual protagonists: ex-cultist Nara, an ace pilot with a haunted past, and Forsaken – a sentient AI starfighter and her closest ally, with a mysterious backstory of his own to unravel. This story-driven single-player experience invites gamers to unlock devastating weapons and mind-bending abilities as they fight to free the galaxy from the Circle: an oppressive cult that will stop at nothing to ensure complete subjugation.
“We’re delighted to announce this exciting new IP. From the beginning our focus has been on delivering amazing moment to moment gameplay to evolve the spirit of classic space flight shooters. We are fully leveraging the power of gen 9 hardware, allowing us to create richer, more detailed, ray traced environments, all at 4K and 60FPS.”
Tobias Severin, Studio Director at Deep Silver FISHLABS
Key Space Features
- A compelling single-player experience
- Play as dual protagonists Nara and her sentient AI companion and starfighter, Forsaken, on a personal journey of redemption
- Experience fast-paced, frenetic action that evolves the spirit of classic space shooters
- Fight to unite resistance forces against the Circle and their ominous leader, the Great Prophet
- Facedown hordes of enemy starfighters, titanic battleships and unknown Void entities
- Reclaim, upgrade and wield devastating weapons and abilities in zero-g dogfights
- Explore a dark new sci-fi universe, teeming with mystery and conflict
- Enjoy gorgeous next-gen sci-fi visuals in 4K, from cosmic vistas to sprawling space stations
Fully engineered to take advantage of gen 9 hardware, enhancements include:
- Ray-traced reflections
- 4K resolution at 60fps
- Advanced enemy ship destruction
- Higher quality volumetrics
- Richer environmental effects