Game developers JanduSoft S.L and Grimorio of Games are pleased to announce that monster summoning action roguelike Sword of the Necromancer will be launching on December 10th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions will follow later.
Sword of the Necromancer is a top-down action roguelike with a unique twist: you can resurrect any enemy you kill as an undead minion to fight alongside you! On top of that, there’s a fluid combat system with a smorgasbord of weapons and gear to choose from. As you descend this procedurally-generated dungeon you’ll have to weigh the consequences of what armaments to equip as you amass your army of the undead!
As you descend this procedurally-generated dungeon, you’ll have to make some tough, tactical decisions. Should you fall in battle you’ll lose all your gear and half of your level, so be careful! And if you’re really feeling adventurous, you can clone yourself, allowing for a friend to jump in for some two-player local co-op.
Features as shared on Steam
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives them various effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the fluid head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats. Improve your summoned monsters by fighting alongside them.
- Death is not the end: Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. You will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run. Also, you can choose to exit the dungeon at some moments, losing all your level progress but maintaining all your equipment.
- Learn the truth: Discover Tama and Koko’s past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of the playable character and play with a friend in local co-op game.