Sony Interactive Entertainment ( SIE ) will be holding the PlayStation Awards 2019 on the 3rd of December 2019 (Tuesday) at the New Takanawa Grand Price Hotel Tokyo, Japan in recognition and announcement of the hit titles on the PlayStation Format over the past year in Japan and Asia region.
The awards show has been held annually since 1994, and this year marks the 25th Awards show and the 25th anniversary of PlayStation. With this incredible milestone, SIE will be honouring the creative efforts of everyone involved by inviting John Kabira-san and Hatsune Matsushima-san to announce and award the hit titles that has created such excitement on PlayStation this year.
The award categories are as below:
- Platinum Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 1 million copies
- Gold Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 500,000 copies
- PlayStation Network Award: Top 3 network sales titles will be awarded (period: From Oct 1st 2018 – Sept 30th, 2019)
- PlayStation 25th Anniversary Users’ Choice Award: Top 5 titles which have won PS Awards in the last 24 years will be voted by Japan and Asia users.
- PlayStation VR Award : 3 titles that contributed to the sales of PlayStation VR (period: From Oct 1st 2018 – Sept 30th, 2019) * Excluding last year’s winning titles
- Indies & Developer Award : 3 titles that contributed to the expansion of PlayStation (period: From Oct 1st 2018 – Sept 30th, 2019) * Excluding last year’s winning titles
The event will be live-streamed and you can watch it here, on the official PS Awards 2019 website.
Here is how you can vote for your favourite title:
- Go to this voting link, and log in using your PS credentials.
- Select up to 5 titles to vote.
- Write your comments.
- Check the input content and vote.
The best comments provided by a user will stand a chance to win a PlayStation 4 Pro (Jet Black).
The voting period will be open from October 16th 2019 (Wed) to October 23rd 2019 (Wed). You can check out more details on the website itself.