PQube is exciting to announce that their first own development project – Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC is now available. The mystery visual novel was crafted in cooperation with Japanese developer Art Co. and is set in Fujisawa Academy, where every student hides dark secrets for you to uncover.
The gameplay of Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa, gameplay mixes an investigative visual novel story with exciting match-3 puzzle battles. After collecting clues by talking to college members, you will be able to challenge them with the power of Kotodama. Line up the matches and combos to fill their ‘Happy Gauges’ before you run out of moves which strips them of both their clothes and lies!
From chatterbox Namani and track and field ace Shuji to bossy Chinatsu and demon fox Mon–Chan: Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa introduces a charming cast of characters to chat and interact with. Find out about them in the investigative visual novel story and uncover the dark secret of Fujisawa Academy.
Every boxed version of the mystery story will include a beautiful set of art cards as well as a collection of stickers, featuring adorable chibi versions of the students!
- Investigate the secrets of Fujisawa Academy across seven chapters of Visual Novel – where each chapter hides the truth to each of the seven mysteries.
- Battle key characters using ‘Kotodama’ – the power of words. Interrogation battles see you stripping you target naked – to expose the truth behind the lies!
- Uncover keywords in the game’s investigation phase. The more keywords and clues you find, the more potent your power in the puzzle phase.
- Nothing is as it seems! Kotodama intentionally plays on classic tropes and clichés to continually twist the story and surprise the player.
- Repeated playthroughs will yield new facts within the story. Uncover them all to unlock the true ending and a full gallery of artwork.
- Continue to play the fiendish puzzles in Fantasise Mode to perfect your high scores!