Publisher Private Division and developer Intercept Games share a new video of the acclaimed sequel space simulation titled Kerbal Space Program 2, titled Interstellar Travel as the video deep dives into the key new features and the development process behind them. Kerbal Space Program 2 preparing for launch release on Playstation 4, PC, and Xbox space in 2022 as the program expands upon a new exciting exploration of new parts, stunning visuals, colony building, interstellar travel, enhanced modding, and multiplayer.
Kerbal Space Program has earned a reputation for being scientifically accurate in the depiction of the physics of space travel. For the sequel, Intercept Games plans to expand on this by introducing interstellar travel, which sends players on a voyage to the vast reaches of space on an unprecedented scale.
In the video above, the Kerbal Space Program 2 dev team with a guest appearance from writer Paul Gilster, author of Centauri Dreams, shares the concepts and philosophy guiding them in understanding and crafting interstellar travel. This feature video also covers in-depth details on the brand new travel systems, details about various propulsion engines, and more.
Further details and features as shared on Steam:
Kerbal Space Program 2 has been fully redesigned from the ground up to meet the demands of modern and next-generation space exploration, all while maintaining the monumental foundations of the first game. Build a space program, construct powerful spacecraft, design resource-gathering colonies, and much more to uncover the secrets of the galaxy. A plethora of exciting new features will captivate veteran and returning players, as well as usher in a whole new wave of Kerbonauts to the ingenious and comedic world that has entertained millions of players.
- Improved Onboarding – Kerbal Space Program 2 will create a whole new generation of space flight experts who will find themselves accidentally learning rocket science. New animated tutorials, improved UI, and fully revamped assembly and flight instructions allow novel players to quickly put their creativity to the test without sacrificing any of the challenges from the original game.
- Next Generation Technology – In Kerbal Space Program 2, the astoundingly inventive creations that KSP is known for will be taken to a whole new level. Players will be delighted and challenged by next-generation engines, parts, fuel, and much more. This new tech will not just create novel puzzles for players to solve, but will also enable new feats of space exploration within and beyond the original Kerbolar System.
- Colonies – Brand new to Kerbal Space Program 2 are colonies. These colonies not only pose their own physics challenges, but also require resource gathering to build structures, space stations, habitations, and unique fuel types. Eventually, these colonies become advanced enough for vehicle construction, propelling deep space and beyond.
- Interstellar Travel – Next-gen tech, colonies, and systematic resource gathering all lead to a whole new level of exploration: interstellar travel. In Kerbal Space Program 2, these interstellar technologies pave the way to a host of new celestial bodies, each comprising new challenges and harboring new secret treasures. Among them: Charr, a heat-blasted world of iron; Ovin, a ringed super-Earth with relentless gravity; Rask and Rusk, a binary pair locked in a dance of death; and many more to reward exploration.
- Multiplayer/Modding – The technological developments made to the foundations of Kerbal Space Program 2 will build on the beloved modding capabilities of the original game, as well as deliver on the long-requested addition of multiplayer. Soon players will be able to share the challenges of deep space exploration. More details on these features will be revealed at a later time.