Publisher Chucklefish and developer Pixpil will be bringing Eastward to Switch and PC soon on September 16th. Featuring beautiful visuals, a stirring soundtrack and an emotional narrative, Eastward promises delightful towns, strange creatures and even stranger people! Watch the charm of the game in the release date announcement trailer below in 2D retro topped with eye-candy smoothie goodness.
Set in the near future, society is starting to collapse, and the human population is at an all-time low. A deadly toxic presence has spread across the land, destroying and devouring everything in its path. Escape the tyrannical clutches of a subterranean society and join Eastward’s unlikely duo on an exciting adventure to the land above! Discover beautiful yet bizarre settlements and make new friends as you travel across the world by rail.
- Single-player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
- Join John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
- Meet a quirky cast of characters, encounter strange monsters and distant cities
- Beautifully rich pixel art created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and
- retro-pixel style artwork
- Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (The Unfinished Swan, Gorogoa, Death Stranding, Halo Infinite), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks
Eastward will be available on PC, Mac and Nintendo Switch on 16 September for £21.99 / $24.99 / €24.99.
— Pixpil (@pixpilgames) November 30, 2015