Ion Fury, the old-school first-person shooter developed by Voidpoint and published by 3D Realms and 1C Entertainment, keeps the bullets and cybernetic body parts flying with Aftershock, a new expansion pack launching on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in Summer 2021.
After defeating Heskel in her previous adventure, Shelly Harrison decides to celebrate at a local bar. When explosions interrupt her tasty beverage, she rushes out to find Heskel in a monstrous flying machine, cackling madly as he rockets away toward a mushroom cloud on the horizon.
Instinctively, she reaches for her Loverboy revolver, cocks it, and searches for the fastest transportation she can find – a sleek and powerful high-speed HoverBike, armed with Drunken Homing Plasma Missiles. Shelly’s fight against Heskel continues with multiple brand-new zones to explore, new dangerous enemies, new armaments to destroy them with, and some amazing high-speed vehicle combat.
Like classic expansions, Aftershock offers a brand new Arrange mode. Whether playing for the first time or revisiting Ion Fury, choose to Arrange mode to experience the original game but now enhanced with new enemies, weapons, and more.
Rendered in the very same Build Engine that powered beloved titles like Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior, Ion Fury takes the classic shooter framework and injects a bit of modern mayhem with features like headshots. Voidpoint didn’t just make a game inspired by ‘90s shooters: they practically time-traveled and created their own ‘90s shooter.”
“Aftershock continues Shelly’s story in the best way possible: with rockets and high-speed chases – We love seeing the Build engine continue to grow and Ion Fury: Aftershock does some awesome things that we can’t wait to share with you.”
Mike Nielsen – CEO of 3D Realms
Game Features as shared on Steam:
- The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.
- Experience the original BUILD engine on steroids, pumped up and ready to rock again after 20 years!
- Duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast your way through 7 exciting zones packed with multiple levels of mayhem!
- A beautiful game world assembled from thousands of hand-crafted textures and sprites
- An awe-inspiring arsenal of devastating weapons, including multiple ammo types and alternate fire modes. Tri-barreled revolvers, grenade launchers, and heat-seeking smart bombs are your best friends!
- The classic ’90s FPS action you love, meshed with modern inventions like locational damage and seamless level transitions
- ZERO PROCEDURAL GENERATION. All levels are hand-made and full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
- Thumping soundtrack comprised of true tracked module music, in authentic FastTracker 2 format
- Easy access on to level editor and other development tools on day one, plus Steam Workshop support