Hong Kong based Independent developer and publisher Eastasiasoft Limited has announced that their retro-inspired action platformer GhoulBoy, developed by Serkan Bakar and ported to consoles by Dolores Entertainment, will join the Eastasiasoft Limited Edition line-up in March 2019.
GhoulBoy brings back the look and feel of the very best classic retro platformers from the 90’s, introducing refreshed and engaging gameplay mechanics. Slay monsters, collect loot, avoid dangerous traps and defeat menacing bosses.
GhoulBoy is a retro-inspired action platformer that combines the action-RPG genre with hack ‘n’ slash gameplay. Slay monsters, collect loot, avoid dangerous traps and defeat menacing bosses. GhoulBoy brings back the look and feel of the very best classic retro platformers from the 90’s, introducing refreshed and engaging gameplay mechanics.
- Explore a magical realm of dungeons, towns, treasures and devious monsters.
- Find powerful weapons, items and spells to defeat your enemies.
- Slay monsters and defeat challenging bosses.
- Enjoy 16-bit style graphics and chiptune retro music.
Release Info and Editions
The physical release of GhoulBoy will be available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, limited to just 1000 units per platform. Pre-orders will be available on February 14th from online retailer Playasia at US$34.99 including shipping.
The GhoulBoy Limited Edition will contain:
- A physical copy of the game (region free)
- A full-color printed manual
- An original soundtrack CD
- An individually numbered collector’s certificate
- A collector’s box (with a beautifully embossed logo)
Eastasiasoft further added that they will publish GhoulBoy for PS4, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch digitally in Asia and Japan regions at a yet to be announced date. Further details will be revealed shortly. Digital publishing outside of Asia will be handled by Dolores Entertainment. GhoulBoy is playable in English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Spanish, German, and Turkish.