Gamescom Asia announces the first wave of participating companies welcoming Gamedriver, TikTok, Microsoft Xbox, Potato Play, Nuvei, and Xsolla as sponsors. PlayStation, 9GAG, Lai Games, Brace Yourself Games, Hooded Horse are also among some of the names joining the event this year.
The only satellite event of the world’s largest video games festival, gamescom, will return to Singapore from October 20th- October 22nd, 2022, with a larger-scaled physical Trade Zone, Conference, and physical Entertainment Zone for the first time. Online segments will be made available for all audiences on October 19th and October 23rd.
“We are delighted to have the commitment of global leading video game players for the event. This is testament to the increasing interest in the games market in Southeast Asia as well as in gamescom asia. With just three months before the event, the team is working hard to develop an exceptional experience for all trade visitors and the public alike. We are expecting many more companies to join us over the coming weeks in this widely anticipated event,”
Mathias Kuepper – Managing Director of Koelnmesse Singapore
Gamescom Asia 2022 expects to attract 15,000 visitors and over 100 exhibitors from Asia Pacific and beyond. So far, delegations from several countries in APAC and beyond are expected to gather in Singapore as physical events make a strong comeback. At present, those participating in Gamescom Asia represent over 19 countries and counting. The Singapore and German pavilions have been confirmed, with more applications from Asia ongoing.
Registration is now open for Trade Conference and Trade Visitors.
Trade Zone Ticketshop is now open! 50% savings on early bird tickets right now, available till 23 September. Register now! (Trade Zone access is for industry professionals only) Waiting for Entertainment Zone? Tickets for public coming mid-August!https://t.co/YIpPZwICOD pic.twitter.com/Rs02YkeO4Q
— gamescom asia (@gamescomasia) July 27, 2022
Over 80 industry experts are set to present, in person, at the Trade Conference and Exhibition. They will dive deep into diverse facets of the gaming scene and trends ahead. Speakers and topics include:
- Peter Vesterbacka, Finnish mobile game developer and former MightyEagle of Rovio Entertainment Corporation (Finland), the creator of Angry Birds;
- Sarah Delahanty, Cinematic Director, Blizzard Entertainment (USA), on the cinematic storytelling process in games;
- Tim Fields, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Digital Gaming, Wizards of the Coast (Canada) on the future of game development;
- Simon Alty, Vice President & Managing Director Asia Pacific, Bethesda/ ZeniMax (Australia) on AAA game publishing;
- Hans Jagnow, Vice President Operations, ESL Pro League (Germany) on Esports Trends
- Brigitta Rena Estidianti, Co-founder & Art Director, Mojiken Studio
(Indonesia) on weaving Southeast Asian cultures into games;
- Vanessa Lorena Tate, Studio Director & Head of Eternal Games, King (UK), publishers of Candy Crush and discussing live ops strategies;
- Jad Boniface, Head of Community Expansion, Roblox (USA) on becoming architects of the metaverse.
The list of speakers is available here.
Gamescom Asia’s Trade Zone will consist of an Expo area, a Trade Conference, Networking, and a Developer-Publisher-Investor Speed Dating event from October 20th – October 22nd. Trade visitors and conference delegates can expect to see country pavilions, attend exhibitor talks and talent drives, arrange face-to-face business meetings, and try out the Entertainment Zone ahead of the opening to public visitors.
Within the Entertainment Zone, public visitors will be treated to a display of games and interactive entertainment and explore featured areas like esports, cosplay, tabletop games, group play zones, and more, from October 21st – October 22nd. Pre and post-event online show PRIMETIME and STUDIO return again as teasers and extended content for global audiences.
Gamescom Asia will share updates on more confirmed partners, Entertainment Zone programs and activities, and access details closer to date.
Registration to the Trade Zone & Conference is now open! Early bird tickets end on September 23rd. The Ticketshop to purchase public tickets to the Entertainment Zone will open in August.
Companies who wish to exhibit in both Trade and Entertainment Zones can apply here.