Freshly plucked from the fiery depths of the deepest darkest abyss, Headbang Club has announced that Double Kick Heroes will be released on August 13th on Nintendo Switch and Steam, to follow on Game Pass for PC and Xbox on the 28th.
Double Kick Heroes is an explosive mashup of a shoot’em up with a frenetic rhythm game backed by an awesome METAL tune! It was inspired by the worlds of Q.Tarantino, S. King, and R.Rodriguez. Lead your band on an explosive road trip through the wasteland, blast zombies with your Gundillac, and crush them with the power of METAL. The game packs in 50 songs, 30 original, 20 from established bands, half a dozen chapters of adventures, and a community level editor that will allow any music to be played to the rhythm of exploding zombie skulls.
“Man, it’s been a long journey but we’re pumped to be finally sharing Double Kick Heroes with you all. We hope that you love our game as much as we do and enjoy the kick-ass soundtrack we’ve put together to celebrate all things metal. We can’t wait for people to try out air controls for Nintendo Switch which is a heap load of metallic fun, but please drum responsibly”.
David Elahee – Headbang Club
- A full story mode that’s accompanied by 50 kerranging songs, including the OST Volume 2 Update, by top artists such as Ultra Vomit, Volkorx, Gorod, Jinjer, Carpenter Brut and Gojira!
- Unique Rhythm shooter mashup with incredibly detailed pixel art
- 5 difficulty settings to test even the most metal of metal head’s skills
- Tons of accessibility options
- USB drum and guitar support on PC and Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Alternative Motion Control Methods
- Air drumming – Joy-Con used as drumsticks, keeping in the rhythm of the game
- Air beat – Can’t drum? No Problem! Stomp to the beat with your Joy-Con
- Want the all-out motion-controlled experience and really put that double kick pedal to the metal? Then it’s time to use two sets of Joy-Con, one in your socks and one in your hands and drum and stomp your way through the apocalypse!