Developers Motion Twin and Evil Empire have recently released a new animated launch trailer for the award-winning Dead Cells. The DLC will have a price tag of $4.99/ 20.40 MYR and promises two new extra levels with added weapons, bosses, enemies, and new mechanics.
- The Arboretum: A relaxing and peaceful greenhouse inhabited by a peaceful clan of mushrooms, with an understandable desire to murder the Beheaded.
- The Swamp: A noxious environment ruled by a band of tree-dwelling mutants with pointy sticks, sneaky dart shooting frogmen and a bunch of deadly bloodsuckers.
- The Nest: Domain of mama tick, if you’ve seen a certain sci-fi movie with “the brain bug”, you get the idea…
- The two new levels and their monsters are alternatives to The Courtyard/Toxic Sewers and The Ramparts/Ossuary/Ancient Sewers, with the boss designed to be on par with The Concierge, so hopefully it’ll spice up your early game runs once you’ve played through the core game.
Additionally, Merge Games announce a new Dead Cells “Prisoner’s Edition” for both PlayStation 4 and Switch which contains the following:
- Three collector pin badges
- Four metallic stickers
- Exclusive print art card
- Numbered collector’s certificate.
- Music fans will be excited to know a 7”, four-track, orange vinyl record is also included.
We're so proud to announce that #DeadCells – The Prisoner’s Edition for #NintendoSwitch and #PlayStation4 will launch on June 30th and that pre-orders are open now: https://t.co/qQPq9IchsA!@motiontwin pic.twitter.com/yD5i1fuzPX
— Merge Games (@MergeGamesLtd) February 11, 2020
Finally, the tin contains a PlayStation 4 copy of Dead Cells – Action Game of the Year (containing the game, a bonus artbook and keyring) together with a digital code allowing access to the new The Bad Seed DLC.
Dead Cells is currently available on PC, Switch and the PlayStation 4.