Curve Games has joined forces with Orc Chop Games to publish the award-winning roguelike turn-based RPG, Goblin Stone. In Orc Chop’s fantasy debut, goblins and orcs have been hunted to near extinction and driven underground. Players must gather a ragtag group of goblins and journey through an epic procedurally generated world, as they seek to change the fate of an entire species.
Goblin Stone features tactical combat, unique base-building and legacy systems, and a strong roguelike loop, all presented in a gorgeous story-book aesthetic with AAA-quality narration. The game has already received critical acclaim including Devgamm! Fall 2021 Best Indie Game and it was named a finalist at the 2021 Tencent GWB Game Awards.
Goblin Stone’s fully narrated storyline is accompanied by original music from award-winning composer Peter McConnell, famed for his work on Hearthstone, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, and Broken Age.
Players will be challenged with:
- Battling despicable humans, elves, and dwarves in an innovative turn-based battle system
- Exploring procedurally generated levels with hand-drawn 2D environments
- Discovering and building a great goblin lair, chamber by chamber, from the Barracks to the War Room
- Selectively breeding goblins with the best genes and traits for future generations
- Building an adventuring party and mixing unique goblin classes like the Raider, Guard and Shaman
- Difficult choices as they decide which goblins to keep and discard. Many goblins will perish and with each death a new ancestor strengthens the goblin lineage
Goblin Stone is set to release on Steam in 2023 and will come to consoles in 2024.