About the Game:
A wildly colorful and exuberant 2D action-platformer, Berserk Boy is the premiere title from developer BerserkBoy Games and introduces players to Kei, aka Berserk Boy, a young hero who has the power to change into multiple elemental forms. Berserk Boy has an authentic, lovingly crafted retro aesthetic with a visual style influenced by the classic look of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games, and is headlined by a pounding 16-bit soundtrack from Sonic Mania composer, Tee Lopes. Tight platforming, gorgeously illustrated cut-scenes, a variety of play styles, and a rewarding upgrade system ensure Berserk Boy offers a fresh, enjoyable experience for new and veteran players.
— Big Sugar (@BigSugarGames) May 27, 2021
In development since late 2019, Berserk Boy is the first project to come from the aptly named, BerserkBoy Games. A six-strong global collective, the team is spread across Japan, United States, Indonesia, and the UK. Studio founder, lead dev, pixel artist, and animator, Zu Ehtisham, explains why he wants to make a 2D platformer, and how Berserk Boy is going to hit the mark.
- Change into different Berserk forms: Merge with the five Berserk Force Orbs – Lightning, Fire, Earth, Air, and Ice – and absorb their unique abilities!
- Go Berserk! Chain together combos to fill your Berserk Meter and trigger a form’s special attack! Upgrade and become even more powerful!
- Explore New Hope City and beyond: Jump, dash, slam, and slide through multiple sprawling stages! Find alternate paths and hidden collectibles!
- A modern adventure with a retro feel: Slick and stylish platforming action inspired by a love for the genre greats! Play for big scores and fast times!
- Music by Sonic Mania composer Tee Lopes: Full original soundtrack pumping with high-energy 16-bit nostalgia! Enjoy the beats as you Go Berserk!